AEG and GSA support the Jahns Lecturer, who tours the United States and gives presentations on geology topics to students at colleges and universities. The Carolinas Chapter has hosted the Jahns Lecturer annually since 2007 (except during Covid) and is honored to have an October visit from Jahns Lecturer Dr. Vince Cronin.
Here is the schedule for his visit:
- Thursday, October 19 – Present at the Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Department of N.C. State University from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 1132 of Jordan Hall.
- Thursday, October 19 – Present at the AEG Carolinas chapter meeting at Red Oak Brewery in Whitsett at 8 p.m.
- Friday, October 20 – Present at the Department of Geological Sciences of East Carolina University at noon in Room 106 of the Graham Building.
- Monday, October 23 – Present at the College of Charleston in Room 211 of the Science and Mathematics Building from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Students from the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department of The Citadel have also been invited.
- Tuesday, October 24 – Present at the School of the Earth, Ocean & Environment of the University of South Carolina at 4:30 p.m. in Room 201 of the Earth & Water Science Building.
We feel certain that these schools would be happy to have practicing geologists attend his presentations. For those of you who aren’t able to attend the chapter meeting at Red Oak, you might like to see one of his presentations at one of these schools.