AEG has several types of membership based on an individual’s qualifications and interests. Please read through the membership requirements, decide the category of membership that best fits your qualifications. If you have any questions, please contact AEG at email@example.com or 844-331-7867.
Types of membership options include:
- NEW MEMBER – Applicants for Member Class shall hold a degree in geology, engineering geology or geological engineering, or a degree in a related professional field with 30 semester-hours of credit in the geosciences. In addition, an applicant shall be practicing in the field of Engineering Geology, Environmental Geology or Hydrogeology. Dues for New Members are $140.
- AFFILIATE – Applicants for Affiliate Member Class shall be scientists or engineers who work with engineering geologists or persons interested in engineering geology. Annual dues are $100.
- TEACHER – Applicants who are engaged in full-time teaching at the Primary or Secondary (K-12) level are eligible for Teacher Status. Annual dues are $35.
- STUDENT – Applicants for Student Member Class shall be full-time students enrolled in an academic program in the geosciences or in a related field in engineering. There are no annual dues for qualifying NC & SC students. View more information on our Students page. Dues for Post Graduate renewing members are $95.
- INTERNATIONAL – Applicants that live outside the United States shall hold the same requirements as for New Member Class, but may select from the following dues schedule: $35, which includes the Environmental and Engineering Geoscience journal; $45 with the journal, the Annual Directory and the Annual Meeting Abstracts; or $55 with the journal, Annual Directory, Annual Meeting Abstracts and the AEG NEWS.
AEG memberships are based on calendar year. Applications received after October 1 will be entered for the following calendar year. AEG Carolinas Chapter dues are $10 over the AEG Membership dues.