GWPNC Mini Conference
Coal Combustion Residuals (CCR) &
Topics of Focus: Coal Combustion Residuals (CCR), Thermal Remediation
Date: May 24, 2023
Time: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Location: JC Raulston Arboretum, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606
- Starting with the End in Mind: Using High-Resolution Characterization, Visualization, and Modeling Tools to Define the Source and Establish Risk-Based Source Area Remedial Goals for In Situ Thermal Remediation
Presented by Jeffrey M. Ahrens, PE | Geosyntec Consultants
- Thermal Remediation in Saprolite and Bedrock
Presented by Erin Hauber | TerraTherm
- Thermal Treatment of PFAS Impacted Soil
Presented by Mark Kluger | TRS Group, Inc.
- In-Situ Thermal Remediation to Reduce TCE with Rapidly Increasing Water Table
Presented by Gregory Hutchins, PG | WSP USA Environment & Infrastructure Inc.
- Coal Combustion Residuals (CCR) Rule: Where We’ve Been and Where We’re Heading
Presented by Lila Beckley | GSI Environmental
- History and Status of Coal Ash Remediation in North Carolina
Presented by Ed Mussler | North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality
- The Importance of Multiple Lines of Evidence for Successful Conceptual Site Model Development
Presented by Phil Harvey, PG | Geosyntec Consultants
- Groundwater Modeling: A Decision Making Tool For CCR Sites
Presented by Johnathan Ebenhack, PG | Synterra Corp.
- Ash Basin Dewatering – Benefits of Pilot Tests Before Full Scale Ash Basin Closure
Presented by Will Keyes, CWD | Griffin Dewatering
- Legal Update on Challenges to EPA’s January 2022 CCR Actions
Presented by Carrick-Brooke-Davidson | Williams Mullen
- Beneficial Use of Coal Ash
Presented by Peter Thibodeau, PhD, PG | AECOM