SUMMIT Engineering, Laboratory, and Testing P.C., a local multi-disciplinary engineering and consulting services firm, has an immediate opening for an Environmental Branch Manager to add to their Raleigh, NC office.
The Environmental Branch Manager position provides overall direction and quality control related to environmental services for the Raleigh branch office. This position is responsible for carrying out environmental services needed in Raleigh while also focusing on business development in the Raleigh market. The day-to-day operations related to environmental services work may include Staff Field Work, Marketing and Business Development, Client Management, and Project Management. Client meetings and site inspections are commonly required for the Client and Project Management aspects of the position. Documents are routinely prepared or reviewed for quality control, which include reports, letters, invoices, drawings, and proposals.
- Produce reports and plans for clients and contractors
- Provide supervision to technicians and other project managers
- Provide on-site project management to complete field testing
- Staff field work
- Review, update and approve invoices weekly for on-going projects
- Develop and manage projects with clients
- Create and update project proposals and reports
- Schedule project testing and other field work
- Complete accurate and detailed field testing reports and/or diagrams
- Maintain daily communication with technicians, contractors and other project managers
- Business Development activity such as marketing, client meetings, writing proposals, etc.
- Review and analysis of monthly department billing numbers and productivity
- Required: 4-year degree in Engineering, Geology, Chemistry or Biology with an environmental concentration; Preferred MSCE or MBA
- Professional Certifications:
- Preferred: Professional Engineer (PE) License in NC or Professional Geologist License (PG) License in NC
- Preferred knowledge in: OSHA 10/30-hour, Asbestos, Lead Paint
- 4-8 years of experience
- Ability to calculate results from engineering design and implementation
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents
- Ability to accurately complete field testing paperwork and detailed figures
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business memos and proposals.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, AutoCAD, Database, Project Tracking
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.
To learn more about SUMMIT, please visit: http://summit-companies.com
SUMMIT Engineering, Laboratory & Testing P.C. is a multi-disciplinary engineering and consulting
services group offering Environmental and Geotechnical Engineering, Subsurface Drilling, Construction
Materials Testing, Chapter 17 Special Inspections, Advanced AASHTO, ACI, AMRL, CCRL and NCDOT
Laboratory Testing, Residential and Retaining Wall Design, Structural and Forensic Inspections, Site and
Civil Engineering Design and Licensed Land Surveying through our family of companies.
With our corporate headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, branch office in Raleigh, North Carolina,
Charleston, South Carolina and Columbia, South Carolina, our wide range of professional service
capabilities and our dedication to our clients and their projects we have become one of the regions most
sought after consulting firms. Serving both the Public and Private sectors, our services are utilized on an
extensive variety of projects with focus on the Residential, Commercial, Transportation, Multi-Family,
Healthcare and Government industries.